Centro de Investigaciones Energéticas Medio Ambientales y Tecnológicas (CIEMAT)
- Address: CIEMAT, Centro de la Moncloa, Complutense, 40, 28040 Madrid, Spain
- Website: www.ciemat.es
CIEMAT, the Energy, Environment and Technology Research Centre reporting to the Ministry of Science and Innovation, is a leading public research agency in the areas of energy and the environment, which researches many cutting-edge technologies and various key lines of investigation including information and communications technologies in order to bring benefits to science, industry and society in general.
University of Barcelona (UB)
- Address: Department of Analytical Chemistry. Faculty of Chemistry. Martí i Franquès 1. 08028 Barcelona, Spain
- Address: Department of Plant Biology. Faculty of Biology. Av. Diagonal 643. 08028 Barcelona, Spain
The University of Barcelona (UB) is the leading public institution of higher education in Catalonia. It is also the principal centre of university research in Spain and has become a European benchmark for research activity. The UB research groups have been engaged in national and international projects, in which the synergy created by the combination of the different background and specialities resulted in a fruitful collaboration to solve radioecological problems. Present interests focus on the development of innovative analytical methodology to improve radioactive measurements and the quantification and parameterization of key processes that influence radionuclide transfer in the terrestrial environment.
University of Extremadura: LARUEX
- Address: LARUEX. Faculty of Veterinary Sciences, University of Extremadura. Avda. Universidad, s/n, 10003, Cáceres. Spain.
- Website: http://www.laruex.com
The Environmental Radioactivity Laboratory of the University of Extremadura (LARUEX) is devoted to provide research and innovation in radioecology and environmental radiological protection services (accreditation ISO 17025). The Spanish-Portuguese Early Warning Network Decision Centre is also managed by the LARUEX.
University of Granada (UGR)
- Address: Hospital Real, Avenida del Hospicio, S/N C.P. 18010 C.P. 18010 Granada. Spain.
- Website: http://www.ugr.es
The University of Granada, founded in 1531, continues a long teaching tradition, the roots of which can be traced back to the madrasahs of the last Nasrid Kingdom. Over 60,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students study at the UGR, with another 20,000 students taking additional courses, language courses, summer courses, etc. The commitment to high-quality research has placed the University of Granada in a prominent position in terms of national rankings. The financing of 346 research groups illustrates this commitment.
University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU)
- Address: Department of Nuclear Engineering and Fluid Mechanics. Faculty of Engineering. University of the Basque Country. Alameda de
Urquijo, s/n. 48013 Bilbao. Spain.
- Website: http://www.ehu.eus/en/en-home and http://www.ehu.eus/es/web/inmf-injm
The University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU) is a teaching and research institution officially founded in 1985. The university employs over 7.000 people in 31 faculties and schools distributed in three different campuses, with a total of more than 50,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students. The UPV/EHU offers the highest number of doctorate programmes of all Spanish universities, one third of which have received a mention of excellence from the Spanish Ministry of Education. The UPV/EHU has been recognised as an International Research Campus of Excellence by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation.